In the interest of protecting the health of our clients, myself, and our families ‒ we have implemented the following protocols:
- If you (or someone in your immediate household) have been exposed to COVID-19 , have a fever, cough, or are sick in any way, please call to reschedule. Likewise, we will do the same.
- Dr. Kotas maintains a record of his contacts to facilitate contact tracing, should it be needed. We encourage our clients to cooperate with contact tracers and health officials should they contract COVID.
- We will converse by phone prior to the appointment to go over your pet’s health so that the house call may be focused on the physical examination of your pet.
- Telemedicine appointments will be made available.
- Whenever possible, examinations are done outside.
- When we arrive, please have your pet ready (dogs on a leash and cats in a secure carrier). If you have a nervous cat, please give yourself time to contain the kitty a little earlier should it try to hide.
- After examining your animal(s), we will either converse outside, masked, at a 6-foot distance or by phone.
- Social distancing and masks are required for everyone present.
- For at-home euthanasia and hospice/palliative care cases, exceptions will be made to enter homes. Dr. Kotas has a protocol that provides space for you to be with your pet at this time while still following social guidelines. Please reach out to us to discuss details.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Call us anytime at 802-275-5004 if you have any questions or concerns.
If any changes are made to these policies we will inform our clients via email.